Monday, March 27, 2006

Comm Games win!



In front of a home crowd, friends and family I have just had the biggest win of my career - I am now Commonwealth Games Champion. The wonderful thing about this is that you get to hold the title for the next four years. What a magical day! To be able to win solo with a decent enough margin to savour the victory doesn't occur very often. I was lucky enough to cross the line with an Australian flag in my hand and then watch my team-mate Oenone Wood sprint to a silver medal after a lead out from Sara Carrigan and Liv Gollan. To top off the day, I was able to stand proudly on the podium and sing the national anthem extremely badly with all my team-mates up there...my sister (and fellow gold and silver medallist) by my side, my best mate Liv Gollan right there, Oenone, Sara and Rochelle....I don't know if any of us can hold a tune but we did our best in the Melbourne sunshine! A whirlwind day!

No comments: