Friday, July 14, 2006

In recovery mode

Theresa is keen on fruit ;)
I am have now had 5 days of recovery after the Giro and I feel terrible! It is funny how your body works like that. After doing very little for 3 days yesterday I ventured out on the bike for 2 hrs and I felt like I had never ridden a bike before...I was definitely worse than day 10 of the Giro! Today it has been raining this morning but I will head out this afternoon for 3-4 hrs to try to stir my body into action.

It has been nice to recover in the lovely European summer...where it is still light until 10:30pm. That is definitely one of my favourite parts of summer..to head out in the evening when everyone is out and about and the sun is still shining at 9pm. I haven't done too much in the last days...I have spent a lot of time in the park sunbaking and reading my textbook for my next semester (that makes me a really big nerd!) and trying to catch up with people at home when the time difference allows for it.

These Germans love having a bbq so there is always bbq's and wine drinking going on and when all else fails to amuse ourselves...we can always do silly things with fruit!

On Monday I will head to Zeulenroda where the Thuringen Rundfahrt (means the tour of the Thuringen region in Germany) begins on Tuesday. On Tuesday morning there is a memorial for Amy and then the racing begins. I will keep everyone posted :)

3 comments:

Indy said...

Nice take on Carmen Miranda, you froot!

Anonymous said...

Hello Natty,
I do like the take on fruit. Just like to tell you that the banana looks great. You might not know that a cyclone wiped out most of the banana crop in northern Queensland and the only ones on the shelf - and they don't look anywhere as good as that one - are around $12AUD/kilo. Haven't had a 'nana for months. Enjoy!
love CB

Anonymous said...

Hey Nattie, all the best for Amys memorial on Tuesday.. will be thinking of you.
Luv Mich xox