Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sizzling Sydney in the spring

There has been such a long time since my last blog, and although I think I should do it I haven't managed to find the time! Hard to believe but there always seems to be something to do. I'm not sure how the rest of the world manages to fit a full time job into their lives :)

There has been lots on....a trip to Port Macquarie for the weekend which was lovely (but very rainy), a surfing lesson, working for British Cycling at the Sydney World Cup, trying to catch up with people but not managing to do that too well.

This morning I headed out to Penrith to do a school visit and promote the Sanitarium Weet-Bix kids tryathlon...I was a little nervous (a bit of a worry to be nervous about a group of 7 year olds!)...I got there and they had no idea of who I was or why I was there. Feeling pretty stupid, I jumped back in the car and headed back to the slightly cooler temperatures of the east! I woke at 6am to go riding this morning and it was already 31 degrees....very sticky indeed. It was one of those rare days in your life that you are grateful that there are clouds and no sunshine!

Plenty on the agenda in the next few weeks....to Melbourne for the Cycling Australia Awards night on Friday night and then to Tassie for Lou Yaxley and lil Mark Padgent's wedding. They are getting married in Freycinet National Park which I've heard is magnificent...can't wait to spend a few days down there. More school visits in the next week...fingers crossed I get a better reception at the next one. This evening my Aunty Cheryl is teaching me how to make her famous Christmas plum pudding....she has already made the calico sheets and now we get to do the fun bit...

Hopefully I will write again soon and can post some photos of a lovely Sydney summer.

1 comment:

Indy said...

Enjoy the summer weather, I am freezing my ass off in Japan.

Mum's in town from tomorrow for 10 days so if you see her buzzing about say g'day!