Saturday, March 22, 2008

Check out my hot buns :)



Happy Easter to everyone! It is not very spring-like here in Germany, instead there is a lot of The trees adorned with Easter eggs are surrounded by snow which makes them appear very Christmas like.


I have not been very well the last few days, after feeling really not like myself for over a week. I took myself off to the doctor on Wednesday and he diagnosed an ear infection and inflamed tonsils. I have antibiotics to take and am staying put in Germany, watching the snow from the bedroom window.

I ventured out of bed to bake and made my first attempt at hot-cross buns...they didn't go to badly at all and were well received by the family. They were not quite fluffy as one would find at home but still very tasty and I will try again soon.

Today I should have been driving down to Italy to race the first World Cup in Europe for the season, Trofeo A Binda-Cittilgio in the north of Italy. Instead I will be reading the Cyclingnews report and I am very sorry to miss it...I think it will be a great race on a tough course. It is always hard to hear about the racing, it is better to be out there racing but there is not much to do when the body is not healthy. I will take the time here to get on top of everything, hopefully I will be back into full training soon and I can race in Italy next weekend...fingers crossed :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Natty, Nice work with the buns! Sorry to hear you're not well - stay inside and get better. Love to you and Gunnar. CB&GB

Indy said...

Buns look great! I was telling some people here how much I missed them and one nice lady called me to say she had found some and bought me a bagful, and I was SO excited, only to find that our ideas of hot cross buns differ greatly!! Yours look good and proper though. I'll have to make my own next time too. :)