Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sunshine in Germany


I was both sad and excited to get on the plane to come to Germany last Saturday. It was sad to leave behind friends and family after such an enjoyable summer in Sydney, and such a good life that I have at home. I am excited about my upcoming year, joining a new team and being based in Germany but I was a little worried about leaving beautiful weather in Sydney to go into the European spring.
I touched down in Frankfurt early on Sunday morning, it was -1 degree but clear blue skies greeted me. It was so good to see Gunnar again after such a long time, and we were grinning at each other like idiots for quite awhile. Yesterday we drove to Berlin to the team house which is very impressive, and I picked up my bike and my gear. This morning I ventured out on the bike, it felt great...I have never ridden a compact frame before so it was a little different to start with, but it handles beautifully and it is always a treat to ride on a new bike with new running gear....it almost feels as though you don't need to pedal.
Hopefully this weather holds for the next weeks (actually until October would be nice)...my first race is a German race on 25th March...so I have some weeks to settle in and get some good training in before the racing season really kicks off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nattie,
Lovely to see your smiling face over in the Northern hemisphere! Your bike looks beautiful! (well, anything can be more beautiful than my dusty rusted one! ;-) Thank you for helping me out with it.. will let you know how i go in the tri!
Hope the weather stays sunny for you! Say Hi to Gunnar!
Luv Mich xoxox