Monday, March 19, 2007

A wee bit chilly...



I have been here a week now, and although still dropping off at 8:30pm I am rather settled. After a first few days of glorious sunshine the weather got a little bit colder and the thermal pants, jacket, hat, gloves and booties were all pulled out. On Friday we went riding in the mountains...the second picture is me riding up to Oberhof next to the big ski-jumping...'jump'....it is amazing how big it looks in real life. There was snow up in the mountains and it was lovely riding up there with some sunshine and blue sky overhead. Over the weekend it was a lot less pleasant, with wind to well and truly rival Holland to be found....I managed to get in some good training while my team-mates raced in the rain near Frankfurt...unfortunately they didn't the best of luck with a few falls. I will be joining them next weekend for my first race, but until then some more training for me :)
Happy Birthday to Miesi for today :)

No comments: