Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Catching up...




I am a little behind with my blog news after some travel time and not much computer time. The weekend before last I raced my first Bundesliga (German National Series) race, because I am a foreigner I can't gain points in the series and was kind of racing as an individual, hence a national team jersey. It was a pretty tough little race, with some good climbs and nasty bits of road. From Karbach in Germany we drove across to Belgium last Sunday to get ready for Fleche Wallone, a World Cup race in the Wallonie region of Belgium. Wednesday's race didn't quite go to plan for the team and I didn't have the best of races....without Rob and Jude standing on the final climb cheering hard it didn't happen for me. I drove straight back after the race...650km which has become the standard drive...everywhere is about that far away.

Last weekend Gunnar and I travelled to Holland...this time a shorter trip of 570km for a hit out in a time trial which is a rare occurence. It was a lovely, warm weekend and we enjoyed being near the coast and being back in Holland, if only briefly. We travelled straight back and the last few days I have enjoyed not getting in the car to go anywhere. Tomorrow I drive to Czech Republic for a 4 day tour which has a time trial on the 3rd day in Poland. So two new countries and some new experiences for me I think....it should be interesting and I will be sure to take many photos :)

Lots coming up for me...from Czech back here, then to Switzerland, Mallorca for a week, home for a bit before Canada for 2 and a half weeks or so....its a good life :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gidday Natty, Always great to read your blogs and see you wearing the green and gold. Congrats to Gunnar - Moet - definitely a celebration in style! Love CB

Anonymous said...

These little german races seem to be interesting as i can see the Salzburg World´s silver medalist, the world ranked Nr.1 and the Comm Games champ in this picture of four riders.