Sunday, June 03, 2007

The circus is in town


Yesterday I raced my first ever race in Canada - the World Cup in Montreal. It was a really tough race, exacerbated by a pretty hefty dose of jet-lag and some very humid conditions. I had alternating good and bad laps yesterday and at the end of the 11 laps the result wasn't too terrible...I finished in the 2nd main group behind a highly fragmented first 20 riders.
Today is our 'day off' before the 4-day tour of Montreal starts tomorrow. Kate told me yesterday that her and Alex had managed to get tickets for Cirque du Soleil's new show Kooza and I hopped on-line and secured the very last ticket for the session. This is the third Cirque du Soleil performance I have seen, one in Rotterdam, one in Sydney and now this one in Montreal....it is hard to explain how amazing it really is if you haven't seen it live but it is just mindblowing. It makes you think that you can never say that something is impossible because what these people are able to do with their bodies is out of this world...I have never seen such strength, flexibility, control and daring. The audience in Montreal was the most appreciating that I have been in, they were constantly on their feet cheering and everyone was gasping in awe at some of the stunts....what a great way to spend an afternoon.
I was awake at 3:30 am this morning so I'm not feeling flash now....I hope to sleep through tonight and get ready for 4 tough days of racing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Natty,
I am so jealous! Maybe I should get GB to fly me all around the world to see more Cirque? Good luck to both you and Katey for the tour. We're off the Singapore and Sabah on Wednesday though - guess I shouldn't complain. Have posted a package to Germany for you and Katey. Love CB xox