Thursday, June 07, 2007

The rollercoaster ride


Photos courtesy of Andrea Brewer, CJ Farquarhson and Si Truc Phan.
This week in Montreal has been a bit of rollercoaster ride...as is often our lives, being full-time athletes. We have raced in thunderstorms, torrential rain, on extremely dangerous circuits and in the cold....my motivation has been up and down and there have been quite a few moments where I have been questioning what I am doing in the world. This cycling business is often not nearly as glamorous as it sounds, especially when staying in school dorms, racing in the rain and hand-washing rain soaked, dirt encrusted racing clothes in the small basin in our rooms. I have been lucky that many Aussies have been here racing and our late afternoon starts have meant the mornings can be spent in the local Illy caffee or Starbucks talking rubbish.
Last nights's criterium was the most enjoyable stage for me so far and hopefully it stays dry for our final stage this evening which is around a circuit with a climb in it (about time!)...this flat racing is killing me! Tomorrow morning we head off for our 12hr bus trip to Prince Edward Island...I have heard it is very scenic so I will be sure to keep my camera handy.

No comments: