Sunday, January 07, 2007

And the racing begins....








2007 has begun with a bang...our team for the Bay Crits 'Pitcher Partners' had a very successful week, winning 4 out of 5 stages and the overall classification. It was a testing week, with conditions ranging from 38 degrees in the shade, to pouring rain and driving winds. Each day consisted of a 45 minute criterium, these are much harder than they sound, the pace being on from the start. There were many crashes, but I was able to remain upright all week which was an added bonus. I was really happy with my week...I didn't come out with a result but I had 'good legs' and am really pleased with how strong I feel so early in the year. I am really excited about the National Road Championships being held this weekend and I feel that I have the form to be able to win and take the National Champions jersey over to Europe.

I am in Melbourne for a few more days, relaxing and recovering before getting the body going again mid-week and then we move on down to Ballarat where the Nationals will be held. Sister Kate and Pitcher Partners team-mate Alex Rhodes are on the plane to Mallorca today for a 10 day training camp with their new team T-Mobile and we will miss them as part of the bunch racing on Saturday. It was a funny feeling packing my bags to come down here and start the racing season again but after 6 days I feel like I am back in the groove and can't wait for the racing to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i watched you race in geelong after the amy gillet ride and again at docklands. both times the conditions looks pretty scary. glad that nobody had a major crash. nice to see big bates get the win, hopefully you will win next year.

good luck at the nationals. i hope that you are the one wearing our national colours in europe this season.

i hope you enjoy melbourne while you stay here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nattie, GOOD LUCK for Nationals this wkend... will be cheering from Sydney! Catch up next week, Luv Mich xx

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the Nationals this weekend Natty. Love CB&GB xx