Sunday, January 14, 2007

National Road Championships


The season has well and truly kicked off with our first full road race of the year. Sixty girls lined up for the National Road Race last Saturday in Buninyong, near Ballarat. It was a tough course,

and was always going to produce a worthy winner. As you can see in the picture the Qld team definitely had the numbers to define the race and this played a big role in how our race panned out. Unfortunately, it was not as an aggressive or fast race as I would have liked but then it is an incentive for me to improve my sprinting skills. After one solo break by Qld'er Lousie Kerr and a few attacks, it came down to 12 girls sprinting for the line after 102km of racing. I finished 8th...although not fantastic, I have been known to come last in a bunch sprinting for the line. All in all not too bad a weekend, and I was glad to come home after several weeks away. I am back in Sydney for a while now, until I head south again for more racing in Geelong. I can't wait for some beach time and some nice long training rides again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea good write up on the road race but who won,you make no mention of the winner